Wednesday 18 March 2020

Letter from Kim


Dear Friends,

I know this is a time of unprecedented change. We all have our worries, anxieties and fears but we can all choose to cling to hope. We will get through this and hopefully in the process remember what it is to be human again; to care for one another and communicate with one another. The Lord asks two things of us and that is: to love the Lord our God with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength and to love our neighbour as you love yourself. In this time of great need let us pray for one another, care for one another, and watch over the most vulnerable.

We have had to suspend gathering on Sundays but we will do our best to provide services online (please check the blog regularly and when we have sorted it we will put instructions up for your to follow), we have a new Facebook page: St Cuthbert’s, St Andrew’s & St Mary’, please ask to join if you have Facebook. We hope to keep connected and to encourage one another through this page. For those of you who are not on social media I have a liturgy I am happy to get to you so you feel apart of our weekly service. Please email me or call me, if you don’t have email I will make sure you get a copy delivered to you. 

We are here for you and if you need any help or would just like someone to talk to so please feel free to call me on the number below. We are also putting together a call line so that we call each other at least once a week to check and make sure everyone is ok and has what they need. So if you would like to be a part of that group, please call me and I will make sure you are added. May God be with you in this unusual journey, may you know peace, grace and strength now and always!



Many blessings,
Rev Kim Ford
0116 259 2238
Kimberleykford@aim.com






Prayer for times such as these:

Heavenly Father,

I ask that you would be with me in this unusual journey,
that I might know your peace and rely on your strength in my time of need.
I pray for your protection on my family and friends that they might feel your love surrounding them in their isolation.
I pray that you would be with our nation and the nations around the world, that in this time of isolation they might find help and security in their vulnerability and restoration for our economies.
I pray for the workers who are the front line battling against this virus, please keep them well as they give their all to those who are in need of their help, protect them Lord.
I pray that the virus would be contained and that when it is we will continue to remember those who find themselves isolated and alone.
Help us Lord to be community in the best way we can, help us to share with one another, care for one another, to watch out for one another now and always.
Fill our hearts with a renewed love for our neighbours and give us your strength as we journey through this time together. Amen



No comments: